MD (Medical Doctor), CAA-ME Grade 1, FRACS
Frank works as an orthopaedic surgeon in Timaru. His private practice is located at Aorangi Surgical Group and has operating rights at Bidwill Trust Hospital. He is also employed by the South Canterbury District Health Board and works at Timaru Public Hospital.
Originally, Frank trained in Germany and Switzerland and expanded his skills with clinical fellowships in Canada, Australia and New Zealand. He is also involved in research and has published in medical journals.
His practice covers most aspects of orthopaedics including joint replacements of major joints, sport orthopaedics and trauma, arthroscopies and hand/foot surgery.
Additionally, Frank is a medical examiner grade 1 for the Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand and performs medicals for pilots and air traffic controllers. He is a passionate private pilot himself and understands the aviation business and it’s requirements.
AREAS OF INTERESTS:
- Hip, knee and shoulder replacements inclusive revision surgery
- Orthopaedic trauma and posttraumatic deformity correction
- Orthopaedic sport surgery including knee/shoulder
- Arthroscopy of elbow, knee and ankle
- Hand and foot surgery
- New Zealand Orthopaedic Association
- Medical Council of New Zealand
- Aerztekammer Mecklenburg-Vorpommern/Germany
- Bund Deutscher Chirurgen BDC Germany
- Swiss Medical Association FMH
- Swiss Surgical Association SGC-SSC
- Medical School 1991-1997
- Medical Doctor MD 1999
- Specialist in general surgery/Germany 2003
- Specialist in trauma surgery/Germany 2005
- Fellowship in orthopaedic trauma surgery in Australia/Canada/NZ 2006
- Specialist in orthopaedic surgery/Germany 2008
- Fellowship in arthroplasty surgery Auckland/NZ 2008
- Fellowship in orthopedic trauma surgery Auckland/NZ 2009
- Fellow of New Zealand Orthopaedic Association 2013
- NZ-CAA ME Grade1 in 2014