Timaru Gastroenterology provides a range of comprehensive health care services covering Gastroenterology (all Stomach and Bowel Disorders) and Hepatology (Liver diseases).
- All Bowel Disorders
- Diarrhea/altered bowel habit
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Stomach Ulcers and Gastritis
- Acid reflux disease/Heartburn
- Bowel cancer, Bowel Polyps
- Coeliac Disease
- Crohn's Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Liver Diseases
- Consultation & Evaluation
- Colonoscopy, Sigmoidoscopy, Polyp removal
- Video Capsule Endoscopy - Procedure also known as “Pillcam”. It allows for direct and minimally invasive visualization of small bowel mucosa and can identify superficial lesions not detected by traditional endoscopy and radiography.
- Indications: small bowel diseases, Crohn’s disease and the evaluation of anaemia and obscure gastrointestinal bleeding.
Specific blood/lab tests can be arranged, Imaging can be arranged as needed, e.g. ultrasound, CT, MRI